As Scotland’s first funeral directors set up to fight funeral poverty, we are delighted that more funeral directors are offering direct cremation.
In offering the bereaved more choice, the industry is going some way towards removing the pressure some feel to pay for a big expensive funeral they may not want or be able to afford.
We are seeing direct cremations advertised at low prices, and we are fully supportive of that.
However before purchasing – may we offer a word of advice?
Most funeral directors are caring and compassionate and will put your needs first. But…
- Some will not collect your loved one without a deposit being paid
- Some will use a low price to get you through the door and then try to upsell you items you don’t need to increase their profits.
- Some may even dissuade you from actually having a direct cremation and push you towards choosing a more expensive funeral to increase their profit
Please note that most funeral directors will not do this, and we only highlight the above to advise you in case you come across the small minority of profit orientated ones.
How Caledonia Cremation is different
- We are a charity-owned and operated funeral directors, so your wellbeing is our priority – not profit.
- We won’t hold your loved one to ransom. If you don’t have a deposit – we will go ahead and collect the deceased and proceed with the direct cremation.
- We are a not-for-profit funeral director, so we won’t upsell anything. We have two prices only; £1095 for a direct cremation or £1,190 including the return of ashes (but you can pick them up from us if you prefer).
- We never turn anyone away. If money is an issue, we will support you throughout.
If you have lost someone and need support organising the funeral. please do get in touch. We won’t pressurise you – our job is to empower you to make the decision that is right for you.
You can call our team on 03000 113 311 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org