Community Engagement Officer – South Glasgow – Part-time – £22000-25000 pro rata
Closes 11.59pm 30 April 2018
Community Renewal Trust have expertise in community engagement and reducing poverty. We have recently set up a social enterprise to tackle funeral poverty. We are now creating a new part time post to engage the South Glasgow community in some frank discussions about grief, bereavement and dying to help increase awareness and understanding around funeral poverty and how to avoid it.
You need community engagement/development expertise more than knowledge of funerals to do this role. Experience in marketing/communications will be a benefit. The new officer will:
• Organise “community conferences” relating to bereavement/dying;
• Establish “death café” discussions (see: http://deathcafe.com/) in South Glasgow;
• Liaise with advice providers across Glasgow;
• Engage community members at groups/events to listen and provide information;
• Identify and work with some new volunteers to support role;
• Create social media content;
• Develop/distribute promotional and informative materials in communities.
To apply you must read the Job Description:
Community Engagement Officer – Bereavement and Dying
Consultancy – Two feasibility studies – £7000
Closes noon 1 May 2018
Caledonia Cremation and Community Renewal are seeking a suitably qualified consultant / individual / organisation to carry out two feasibility studies as one research exercise:
• A feasibility study about possible partnerships between Caledonia Cremation and Crematoria in Glasgow;
• A feasibility study about possible partnerships between Caledonia Cremation and Credit Unions.
The fixed price for completion of both feasibility studies is £7,000 including VAT and travel expenses.
The deadline for responses to this ITT is 12noon on 1 May 2018. Responses should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Questions may be sent to email@example.com before noon 24 April 2018 these will be responded and published on a public FAQs document found at www.communityrenewal.org.uk/join-us.
See ITT for details and instructions on applications:
Credit Union and Crematorium Feasibility Study ITT