We are Scotland’s first not-for-profit funeral directors. We offer simple, direct cremations. If you need help we promise to take care of you.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) update
As a charity owned funeral directors, we will provide care, guidance and emotional support for people who have experienced a bereavement and are worried about organising a funeral in the current climate.
It is important that we continue to provide not for profit funerals for those that need them in a way that is safe for our staff and the bereaved families we support.
We have amended our operations as follows;
- We will continue to provide funerals for anyone across mainland Scotland and offer advice to any clients who need to apply for the Funeral Support Payment.
- We will comply with the Coronavirus PPE requirements and public health and NHS guidelines in everything we do
- Our team are contactable by email, phone or Facebook — 03000 113 311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Face to face meetings are being avoided to keep everyone safe. The main impact of this is that paperwork is being signed by post or online.
- Ashes will be returned or made available for collection as soon as we can assess that it is safe for the families we are supporting as well as our staff. Please bear with us as there may be some delays.
- All funerals continue to take place in the award-winning- Clyde Coast and Garnock Valley Crematorium, located in the beautiful Regional Park wilderness.
A direct cremation is an alternate, more flexible option with no service at the crematorium. People often wish to “do their own thing”, holding their own memorial service at a time, date and location of their choosing.
We are an award-winning funeral directors and cover all of mainland Scotland. We are the country’s only not-for-profit funeral directors. All the practicalities can be arranged by us without any fuss, leaving those grieving free to say farewell how, where and when is right for them. We are much more than just funeral directors, we also offer bereavement counselling and an advice service.
You can call our team on 03000 113 311 anytime 24/7 or email us on email@example.com. For more information about the service we provide, a full list of prices or for information about planning your own funeral see our Plan a Cremation page.
“Overall, I received an excellent service from Caledonia Cremation throughout the whole process in what was clearly a difficult time. They provide an invaluable and affordable service to the community, delivered in a professional and dignified manner. I would not hesitate in recommending them to anyone.” K McGhee
“The support of Stephanie, Angela and everyone involved at Caledonia Cremation was invaluable and I admire the work they do. They were friendly, sympathetic and above all, genuine. There was no sales pitch and I could tell they were happy to stay on the phone just to talk and make sure I was ok. They even went as far as to tell me to call back if I just needed to talk which was a great comfort. We will be forever grateful.” J Bendall
We also have a special helpline for anyone considering claiming DWP Funeral Benefits. This isn’t just for people who are using our service – we will help anyone facing financial problems because of a funeral. See our Funeral Costs Helpline page
We also campaign for fairness in funerals in Scotland – fighting the problems and debt caused by UK Government funeral benefits policy and by the predatory parts of the For-Profit funeral industry. You can follow our campaign on Facebook or sign up to receive our newsletters at the side of the page.
Any profits are always reinvested in helping people in Scotland’s poorest communities who struggle to cope with bereavement. All donations are safeguarded by going through Community Renewal Trust, the registered charity which owns Caledonia Cremation.